The glass tiling experts at Island Stone put together a fantastic grout haze cleaning step by step tutorial. There are six simple steps to follow to ensure that your glass tiles come out beautifully.
The supplies you’ll need are:
- Tilers sponge and normal sponge
- Soap and water
- Sulfamic Acid
- (Sulfamic acid is a mild cleaning acid is available at your local tile showroom or hardware store under the brands of AquaMix or TileCare. Follow the simple safety directions.)
Let’s get started! Remember, if you have any additional questions about this process or glass tiles in general, feel free to contact our glass tile experts at Island Stone.
- Immediately after grouting, remove excess grout from the surface with coarse, damp tilers sponge using diagonal strokes.
- Continue with the same process using a damp sponge to remove additional grout on surface.
- Remove smudges with careful sponging where required.
- (NEXT DAY!) Scrub surface of glass tile with soap and water to initially remove dry excess grout.
- Spray or brush on a light solution of Sulfamic Acid. Wait 5 minutes before softly scrubbing with scouring sponge.
- Wash down tile surface with clean water and sponge. Repeat Sulfamic Acid wash (Step 5) if necessary.
While this may seem like a fairly simple cleaning process, the results are stunning. We highly recommend following these steps upon finishing your glass tiling project.