2020 was filled with adventures we did not plan for. With COVID-19 sending us into remote work, our New Jersey warehouse losing power due to a hurricane, our California team affected by the wildfires and an international shipping container shortage delaying shipment times, you helped us get through it all.
Thank you for being so supportive as we navigated this crazy year. But 2020 wasn’t all bad, we introduced beautiful, new tiles and rolled out some initiatives to repay your generosity, such as:
- Free new product launch samples during COVID-19 business shutdowns - we worked with our showrooms to offer free merchandising kits for the new Cascade and Patina Glass Collections that launched this year as well as the new Lava Glass Collection shipping in January 2021.
- Improved freight rates - we created a new freight calculator for our customers to quickly and easily calculate flat rate shipping at a lower cost than ever before!
- Invested in a comprehensive, standardized new merchandising system for our showrooms. Each new merchandising piece features a technology forward QR code and all of the product information you need for your team to pick up and sell any product.
- Implementation of a digital asset management tool so that customers can access hundreds of Island Stone photos at the click of a button.
- Digitally launched new patterns in the popular color Midnight
- Launched the Cascade Collection, new textured glass tiles in 3 patterns and 6 colors
- Launched the Patina Glass Collection, a gorgeous Italian made subway tile in 5 colors
- Announced the Lava Glass Collection, the most durable glass tile designed for pools and wet applications with v-cap tiles to assist with installation
We’re looking forward to a brighter 2021, not only for our company but for the possibility of better health and safety in a post-COVID world. We’re excited to share these updates with you, including:
- Our new website will make it easier for you to navigate to the product information you need
- Our new ERP system will make it faster and easier for customers track orders, and faster and easier for our team to accurately input orders.
- We will be launching some tile on new materials next year, so stay tuned!
- We are finishing merchandising for a new product line called the Celestial Collection, launching in Q2 2021, but we already have inventory in the United States! As we prepare for launch, you can order loose pieces and place job orders now! Please email email@example.com if you would like to place an order.
Island Stone wouldn’t have it made it through this year without the ardent support of our customers and partners. Thank you, and see you in 2021.